Sutter Health System Update
Anthem Blue Cross (“Anthem”) and Sutter Health System Medical Groups (“Sutter Medical Groups”) have been engaged in negotiations for several months to reach reasonable reimbursement rates and contractual terms that are beneficial to both organizations.
Unfortunately, Sutter Health will be terminating its participating hospital/provider contract with Anthem Blue Cross (“Anthem”), Medicare Preferred Select PPO (LPPO) and Anthem Medicare Preferred (PPO) effective January 31, 2012. As of February 1, 2012, Sutter Health will no longer be a participating provider for our Hospital and Professional network. Please see a list of the Sutter Health facilities below.
The ancillary services for Sutter Health will continue to be a participating provider. For the most up-to-date list of ancillary providers please refer to our on-line provider directory at www.anthem.com/medicare.
Any RPPO member who enrolled in the LPPO plan during AEP may have an opportunity to make a change during their SEP which is in effect through February 29, 2012.
We will be notifying our members with the attached member letter, which was mailed out on Wednesday, January 18, 2012.
If you have any questions, please call broker services at (888)209-7839.
Sutter Roseville Medical Center – Roseville, CA
Alta Bates Summit Medical Center – Alta Bates/Herrick – Berkeley, CA
Alta Bates Summit Medical Center – Summit Campus – Oakland, CA
California Pacific Medical Center – California – San Francisco, CA
California Pacific Medical Center – Davies – San Francisco, CA
California Pacific Medical Center – Pacific -San Francisco, CA
California Pacific Medical Center – St. Lukes – San Francisco, CA
Eden Hospital Medical Center – Castro Valley, CA
Memorial Hospital Medical Center – Modesto – Modesto, CA
Memorial Hospital of Los Banos – Los Banos, CA
Menlo Park Surgical Hospital – Menlo Park, CA
Mills Hospital – San Mateo, CA
Novato Community Hospital – Novato, CA
Peninsula Hospital & Medical Center – Burlingame, CA
San Leandro Hospital – San Leandro, CA
Sutter Amador Hospital – Jackson, CA
Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital – Auburn, CA
Sutter Coast Hospital – Crescent City, CA
Sutter Davis Hospital – Davis, CA
Sutter Delta Medical Center – Antioch, CA
Sutter General Hospital – Sacramento, CA
Sutter Lakeside Hospital – Lakeport, CA
Sutter Maternity & Surgery Center – Santa Cruz, CA
Sutter Medical Center of Santa Rosa – Santa Rosa, CA
Sutter Memorial Hospital – Sacramento, CA
Sutter Solano Medical Center – Vallejo, CA
Sutter Tracy Community Hospital – Tracy, CA
Anthem Blue Cross is the trade name of Blue Cross of California. Anthem Blue Cross and Anthem Blue Cross Life and Health Insurance Company are independent licensees of the Blue Cross Association. ® ANTHEM is a registered trademark. ® The Blue Cross name and symbol are registered marks of the Blue Cross Association.
- 72When you enter information into the system for an on-line quote: Your information will not be sold, transferred or shared with any other agents, brokers or agencies. The only broker who will call you will be me, Kevin Knauss. Use the grid below to determine which carrier has a product you are interested in getting a quote from. Individual…
- 61Whenever you go shopping for a product or service you hope to find a salesperson you can ‘click’ with. It is nice to find someone who is on the same ‘wave length’ as you. We all know there is a lot of ignorance and intolerance in the world and we would just as soon avoid…
- 60In September, Anthem Blue Cross will be mailing members enrolled in California plans that their health insurance may not be renewed in 2014 as certain plans will be discontinued. Because Blue Cross is selling individual and family insurance through Covered California, the new health care reform insurance market place, they are not allowed to offer…
- 58It was an urgent plea by an insurance company that I had to act now to save Medicare Advantage Plans. At issue were proposed reforms by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) that could reduce the insurance carrier's monthly reimbursement for each Medicare Advantage enrolled member. While I was asked to send a letter…
- 56Medi-Cal HMO plans by County The basics of Medi-Cal and how it works with Covered California From the Medi-Cal Managed Care Health Plan Directory How do I find a Medi-Cal Doctor? Adult Medi-Cal Dental is back California Medi-Cal Health Plans, November 1, 2013 County - Plans Alameda Alameda Alliance for Health Anthem Blue Cross Partnership Plan Alpine Anthem…