The 2018 income table shows the minimum amount of annual income to qualify for either Medi-Cal or tax credits for a private plan through Covered California. To view the monthly Medi-Cal eligibility income amounts please visit my Medi-Cal Page.
2018 Covered California Income Table
2017 Covered California Income Table
The table below was for enrollment through the 1st quarter of 2017.
- Whether you qualify for financial assistance depends on your household income and family size. See the charts to help determine if you qualify for financial help.
- The household Modified Adjusted Gross Income (MAGI) is below 138% of the federal poverty level (FPL) you and the members of your family will be determined eligible for Medi-Cal and enrollment into a Medi-Cal plan transferred to you local county.
- If the household MAGI is below 266% of the FPL, children 18 years and younger will be determined eligible for Medi-Cal and will not receive premium assistance to enroll in a private health plan.
- If you reside in San Mateo, San Francisco, or Santa Clara counties and your income is below 322% of the FPL, your children 18 years old and younger will be determined eligible for Medi-Cal. (For more information on expanded Medi-Cal kids in these counties see: https://insuremekevin.com/medi-cal-set-snatch-bay-area-kids-parents-plans/)
- If you report to Covered California you are pregnant, the online enrollment will add an additional member your household to see if you qualify for Medi-Cal programs for pregnant women. (See: https://insuremekevin.com/should-you-report-your-pregnancy-to-covered-california-and-medi-cal/)
- Pregnant women with incomes below 322% of the FPL qualify for special Medi-Cal programs for mothers and infants.
- What type of income is counted for Covered California?
- According to the release notes of the March 7, 2016 update to the Covered California CalHEERS program,o New consumers will first be evaluated for Medi-Cal eligibility, using the new 2016 FPL. If they are not eligible for Medi-Cal, they will be evaluated for Covered California (APTC/CSR) using 2015 FPLs, per regulatory requirements