Visit the Medicare News page for the latest announcements for Centers for Medicare and Medicare and other reports and press releases.
Medicare Resource Material
Medicare Preventive Services Training
Training presentation and workbook that covers Medicare approved preventive heath care services that are either no cost or low cost to the Medicare beneficiary. It covers the conditions for some of the tests to be covered in full, new tests added for 2015, and when some lab or office visits will require a copayment. Visit Medicare Preventive No Cost Services page.
Medicare Prescription Drug Plan Training
Prescription drug coverage for Medicare beneficiaries can be confusing. Under different health care scenarios, some drugs may be covered by Part A, Part B or Part D of Medicare. In addition, many Medicare beneficiaries may be unaware that they might qualify for extra help to pay for their medications. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services have put together a training presentation, workbook and job aids to address some of the moving parts of drug coverage under Medicare. Go to Medicare Prescription Drug Plan Training Page for more information and downloads
Medicare Coordination of Benefits – Which insurance pays first, Medicare or another plan? Will Medicare pay if someone else is liable for my injuries? Can I have Medicare and an ACA Marketplace individual health plan? Medicare developed specific training to answer all these questions and more with a slide presentation and workbook. Go to Medicare Coordination of Benefits and ACA health plans page to download information.
Medicare Home Health Benefits – Medicare pays for you to get certain health care services in your home if you meet certain eligibility criteria and if the services are considered reasonable and necessary for the treatment of your illness or injury. This is known as the Medicare home health benefit. Download the Medicare Brochure.
Durable Home Equipment Bidding Process – The program replaces the outdated, inflated fee-schedule prices Medicare is currently paying with lower, more accurate prices.Under this program, suppliers submit bids to provide certain medical equipment and supplies at a lower price than what Medicare pays for these items now.Medicare uses these bids to set the amount it will pay for those equipment and supplies under the competitive bidding program.Qualified, accredited suppliers with winning bids are chosen as Medicare contract suppliers. Download the brochure.
Medicare Guide to Choosing Hospitals – In an emergency, your life may depend on getting to the nearest hospital. When you can plan ahead, you and your doctor should discuss which hospital will best meet your health care needs. Information is available to help you make an informed choice. Whether you have Medicare or another type of insurance, this booklet can help you find and use information about hospital quality.
Are You Frustrated with Your Medicare Options?
- Should I take Part A?
- Should I take Part B and when?
- What about Part D?
- What’s the Difference between a Medicare Advantage Plan and a Medigap Plan?
- Can I get help with Medicare costs?
- Independent agent serving the greater Sacramento and northern California region.
- Representing several carriers of Medicare Advantage, Part D Prescription and Medicare Supplements.
- My Pledge to My Clients.
- View my Medicare Options Flow Charts here.
- Download my Medicare financial spreadsheet to compare plans: [download id=”13″]
- Attend my Medicare Education seminars.
- Learn more about Medicare Supplements.
7 Steps to help you make the best Medicare choice for you.
- Read the information Medicare sends you to learn about the basics of Original Medicare: Parts A and B.
- Become familiar with the Part D Prescription Drug Plan, Medicare Advantage Plans and Medicare Supplements.
- Go to Medicare.gov to find out which plans are offered in your area.
- Review your lifestyle and finances to help guide you between the different options.
- Do you need help paying for Medicare costs? Contact Social Security and Medi-Cal to see if you qualify for help.
- Request information on the different plans you might be interested in and talk to family and friends to see what they are happy with. Never rely on one source, person or company for information.
- If you need additional clarification call me, Kevin Knauss Ph: 916-521-7216, and we will get your questions answered.