Covered California for Small Business
Covered California has announced which carriers will be offering small group plans through their Small Business Health Option Program (SHOP) now known as Covered California for Small Business. The plans offered will be to companies who employee 100 or fewer full-time equivalent employees. Companies with fewer than 25 employees, including nonprofits, maybe eligible for federal tax credits for contributions toward employee’s health insurance premium.
- Four Metal Tier Plans to chose from: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum
- Employer selects a base plan and one other plan adjacent to the base plan that employees can also select from
- Small group offering can be Employee Only
- Employers must contribute 50% toward the lowest cost health plan for the employee
- 70% of eligible employees must able to enroll in the small group plan
- In addition to the owner, there must be at least one other W-2 employee enrolled
Available Health Plans
Health plans will vary by regions within California.
- Blue Shield
- Chinese Community Health Plan
- Health Net
- Kaiser Permanente
- Western Health Advantage
Small Group Census Form
For a small group quote, download and fill out the census form and email back to Kevin Knauss.