It’s here and it can be unclear. It is the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and the state health insurance exchange, Covered California. Everyone has questions and we now have the tools to answer most of those questions. The best way to learn about the health plans and options is with an educational presentation on the ACA and Covered California where you can sit with your neighbors and ask questions.
Education on Covered California
After giving presentations in Oroville and Chico, it was apparent that I should offer the educational seminar to other communities in Northern California that want to learn more about this new health insurance market place call Covered California. I am now offering presentations on the features and benefits of Covered California to large and small groups.
Bill didn’t fall asleep
“This was easily the best presentation that I have witnessed since becoming secretary of the club last year. I have sat through dozens of presentations with several clubs, and no speaker was as well prepared and energetic as Kevin was. He kept an audience of over 30 seasoned democrats enthralled for a solid 90 minutes. All questions were addressed and answered in an honest a forthright manner. At the end of the meeting many of the members stayed to learn more. I would recommend Kevin unequivocally to any organization looking for a knowledgeable enthusiastic speaker.” – Bill Bynum, Secretary, Oroville Area Democratic Club, Member of the Butte County Democratic Central Committee.
So what’s the catch?
- The presentation uses approved Covered California visual slides and answers many of the questions about the exchange, plans, benefits and available premium assistance.
- There is no fee for the presentation.
- There will be no sales pitch, gathering of contact information from the attendees or request for follow appointments.
- Only Covered California and the Affordable Care Act will be discussed.
Health insurance topics include
- Affordable Care Act provisions
- Guarantee issue
- How rates are determined
- Essential health benefits of plans
- Plan levels: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum
- Enhanced Silver Plans
- Plan Design: PPO, EPO, HMO
- Premium Assistance
- Household Income requirements
- Employer sponsored health insurance
- Expanded Medi-Cal
- Role of the exchange
- Different ways to enroll
- Plans offered outside of Covered California
- Which companies are offering health plans?
- Small group plans from SHOP
The educational presentation is a good fit for a:
- Club or Hobby Group
- Chamber of Commerce
- Faith based organization
- Nonprofit charitable organization
- Neighborhood community
- Parent Teacher Associations
- Philanthropic organization
- Small business
Length of time: a minimum of 60 minutes is required to cover the material. Question and answers can easily tack on another 30 minutes.
- I have the Computer, projector and the screen
- You provide the room and the people
Area of travel
I love driving throughout California, especially our rural counties. However, I will try and limit the radius of where I can give the
presentation to within 3 to 4 hours driving distance from Roseville, CA. This doesn’t mean I won’t travel to the most beautiful corner of California, but I may need some time to put together other presentations along the way or plan out some vacation time.
So why do I want to give educational presentations on the Affordable Care Act? I have seen too many people denied health insurance or been given unaffordable rate increases because of a pre-existing condition. I have supported the Affordable Care Act from the beginning and written over forty blog posts about the development of Covered California. Yes, I sell health insurance. But that has become secondary to getting out good information about the new health plans so people can make the best decision for themselves and family.
The Affordable Care Act isn’t perfect. But what is worse is bad information about the ACA or Covered California. My mission is to give
as complete and accurate information as possible about the new health insurance market place in a presentation that doesn’t put people to sleep. If I don’t know the answer to a question I won’t fudge it; I’ll research it and get back to the person with the whole answer.
If you would like an education presentation about the ACA and Covered California, give me a call or send me an email and we can talk.
This is a brief recording I made that illustrates my speaking style.